Saturday 24 September 2016

Chronicles of Han Storm Excerpts - Preserving Creata Chapter 1


Part 1: Learning curve. Innocent and naive, Han is subjected to a crash course in opening his metaphysical abilities.


Living a Multi-dimensional Life

Where shall we start? Out of the many lives I’ve lived in the physical realm, which life memory should I recall? I guess the best one should be the latest adventures that started on a Planet called Creata.
Creata can be found in a dimension parallel to what you call Earth, and is very similar to Earth.
I am Han, and this is my life-memory . . .

Part 1 - Learning Curve

One

“So, He-Who-Knows-In-Advance, what do you say to a wager on our first day at work.”
That was Jack. He was my so-called friend. He actually just looked out for himself, like most people did these days.
We were preparing for the graduation parade of the New Haven Security Forces Academy. Only five candidates succeeded in finishing this gruelling three month course.
“Let Han be, you always lose to him anyway!” Stacey stood up for me. She had just stepped out of the showers, water still glistening on her copper skin, a scant towel wrapped around herself.
There was almost no shyness on Creata and ablution facilities were shared. She had her locker two down from mine.
Jack was adjusting the tie of his new NHSF parade uniform.
After today we will be Student Officers for another three months before receiving full officer status and the pay that goes with it.
Not that I needed money. I had a very lucrative business in the gambling industry. I just thought that I might actually make a difference in innocent New Haven lives by joining the Security Forces.
I struggled into my restrictive uniform.
Sighing, I thought to myself that I would have to get used to this, or move up to detective ASAP.
“So, what odds will we set? Two to one? Three to one? Come on!“ Jack nagged. “I really want you to get something wrong for a change and there is no way you will be able to get this right.”
Jack always nagged. He was annoying, and it was working.
“Slick!” I called out to a sandy mop of hair trying to get the buttons of the uniform done.
“Yeah“ Slick responded, looking up through fogged over spectacles. It was not going to help wiping them yet.
“Let's make it at least five to one, as we are five, what do you say?” he said, taking out a small notepad and pen. He acted as bookie and we all adhered to it. Not betting himself, he always received a percentage of my winnings.

Continue Reading: 
http://chroniclesofhan.com/blog/15-creata-excerpts/97-preserving-creata-part-one-chapter-one
or
https://plus.google.com/u/0/103888794206746355612/posts/ZiJUCLeaPvG

www.chroniclesofhan.com

Copyright © H Gibson Chronicles of Han Storm. All rights reserved. 2009-2016



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.