Tuesday 12 March 2019

Adventures of Duke the Dog - Introduction


Adventures of Duke the Dog - Introduction


Hi. My name is Duke. I'm an Australian Cattle Dog. 
In the country where I stay, they call my kind 'Blue Heelers'.

My name used to be Dirk, but my mom decided to change it as she did not particularly liked 'Dirk'. Apparently that is still the name on my 'papers'. 

As you can see, I do not have a tail. I do not have recollection about the event but my first Boss told my mom that I broke it at birth and the vet had to remove it. 


I'm sitting in the top corner
I was shunned a bit and was not picked by the people who came to collect my brothers and sisters.

Being without a tail is not easy when part of a pack where all the other members have tails.
Many weeks went by and when another litter of half brothers and sisters was born my father started punishing me for the slightest paw set wrong.



My swollen face


This did not sit well with The Boss' wife and one afternoon, after a massive snap to my face from my father, I was placed into a carry box in the back of the truck.

We drove a long way to get to another place where unfamiliar women helped to remove me from the box.

They seemed delighted and so did The Boss and his wife.
This is where The Boss left me and, as they drove away, I suddenly realized I had my own family, all to myself!









After my bath and Axhilirit HO Healing Oil applied to my wounds
First my new mom gave me a bath, then food and cuddles and hugs and lavished kisses all over me. Boy, do I just love all this attention.















Copyright © H Gibson Chronicles of Han 2009-2019
Duke is owned by H Gibson, Author of The Chronicles of Han book series.
www.chroniclesofhan.com
www.rejuvinit.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.