Sunday 28 October 2018

"I hope I do not write TOO many books!"



A meme from LinkedIn by Author Dale Thele

I stopped scrolling, the words jumping out at me, grabbing at my core to carefully read and scrutinize this declaration from spiritual author C JoyBell C.

"I certainly want to write because I live, because my writing is an overflow of my life," Joybell states.

That is wonderful and so nice to hear. People writing because their lives are overflowing with joy and life.

Writers write for many reasons, from escapism from daily toil, therapeutic, to being compelled to write, or making a difference in the world with their writing. Each writer's path is different. Each writer has a different background.

Most published authors know and understand that fame is but for the few and that most books never make it past the 3000 copies sold in a lifetime of the book or author. With a shrinking reader audience, actual books sold are becoming a rarer phenomenon.

If you write and publish because your life is overflowing, be infinitely grateful that you have the freedom and abundant resources to be able to give some time to write in between living a life.

Most other people juggle life just to stay afloat and not drown. For some of them, writing is their daily bread and they chose writing as a career and not a time-consuming hobby.

As for myself, I guess I died to write.
I survived third degree burns and two NDEs. I spent years in rehab and it feels that I live to write my books.

My hope was to have the time, the energy, the tenacity and the continued courage, combined with grace to complete my proposed books in this lifetime.

Maybe it is time to rethink this feeling, approach it from a different angle.
Maybe it is time to live more and not spend my time in giving so much to the world.
Maybe I should stop washing the knowledge of millennia down the drain to flow onto barren soil to be trampled into mud.
Maybe I should just stop writing as it takes so much time and writing is globally not seen as an independent financial sustainable endeavor in any case.

Life is different now. You write an educational book and build a living around it through seminars and everything else you can think of, giving or selling the book as an after-thought.
It is no longer advisable to write a book and expecting to make a living from it, allowing the book to be the tool, the purpose for which you had written it.

If I should give seminars and teachings about the content in my books, would people be interested and compensate me for my time to learn what they can from an entertaining book at the cost of less than a Starbucks coffee?

Have I then wasted years of my life since being returned from death's door because of concentrating on writing The Chronicles of Han, the books about my past lives and all the knowledge of Creation revealed in narrative form?
Many a day I do feel that my family has sacrificed so much for me to write these books that I feel guilty about spending so many hours on the books, yet they assure me that I have not wasted this time.

I have left a legacy for my children and assisted thousands of individuals due to being here, telling my story, writing and publishing the books.

Thus this is a stalemate.

The books are entertaining education. In that order. Something people want, but most do not want to put in the effort to read it either.

It would be nice to write because your cup floweth over with life and not because you wish to make an honest living from your art or craftsmanship, or because you are following your destiny.

More about my books here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.