Thursday 25 October 2018

Rant: Reflections on Blogs Google and Search Engine Bots


Reflections on Blogs Google and Search Engine Bots


Jays, I'm ranting a lot lately.

Sooooo, just learnt that Google is not interested in showing 'new' blogs due to 'established ones with great and useful content' getting preference to those who are rather empty and bland.

Conclusion:
Even though I would like to split the information as this blog has become a heavy item to negotiate, my visibility will be reduced to zero on the new blogs and this is the last thing I wish to have, a lack of being seen in searches.

So what to do?
Double up on content or just refer clients to the correct blog posts?

Content sharing is not advised either, so a reference might be in order to steer readers of different interests to the correct blog posts. I hope.

Closing of Google+
With Google + closing down, this is just compounding the situation as many of my posts are on G+, as well as my photos and items for sale. This will all fall into oblivion as soon as G+ is closed.
This is the very reason I have created new blogs to preserve this information without having to send clients to my extensive website as well.

Be Seen to be Found
This does feel like triple work when one wish to be seen without using the 'normal' (paid) channels.
I am well aware that the bots only crawl my website once in a while thus need these extensions of myself to connect with the world. A single website is not cutting it any longer, yet one needs a stable platform to return to that contains all the information in case of the 'Big Players' (Like Google+) suddenly deciding that the only way to win, is not to play.

More information, excerpts, shopping etc visit www.chroniclesofhan.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.