Friday 21 December 2018

Chronicles of Han Storm: Excerpt from Leilaka: Strongclaw

Artist Credit: unknown

Strongclaw

Excerpt from Leilaka:

Halfway through breakfast a Raven made his appearance on the windowsill.
"Give me some" he ordered me, following the demand with an indignant squawk.
"Excuse me?" I asked the bird.
He hopped onto the bed, cocked his head so he had one beady black eye on me and demanded again "Give me some!"
I gave him a piece of the bread.
He pecked it out of my fingers without harming me, swallowing the piece whole.
"More" he insisted.
I put the plate down in front of him.
He ate every last crumb before hopping onto my lap.
Here he settled, comfortably starting to preen his feathers.
"I'm Han" I introduced myself.
"I'm Strongclaw" he replied.
"How can you understand me?" I wanted to know from the bird.
"How can you understand me?" he wanted to know back.
I had no way of knowing.
Strongclaw hopped back onto the windowsill.
"Thank you" he squawked before flying off.

Copyright © H Gibson Chronicles of Han 2009-2017

Ω
www.chroniclesofhan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.